If you’re looking for an easy yet rewarding cookie recipe, look no further! This recipe does just that and is a great crowdpleaser. You can try Snickers, Twix, or any other chocolate instead of M&Ms, but make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before starting to ensure that all ingredients emulsify and incorporate properly. These cookies don’t last long, so get going and try them out!
-2 1/4 cups flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-12 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
-1/2 cup sugar
-3/4 cup light brown sugar
-1 tbsp. vanilla extract
-2 eggs, at room temperature
-1 1/2 cups M&Ms
-Additional M&Ms for topping
1. Preheat oven to 370ºF. Line two baking pans with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and light brown sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
4. On low speed, add eggs one at a time and vanilla extract.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Add M&Ms and mix slowly.
6. Scoop 2 tablespoons for each cookie and place onto baking sheets. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, rotate baking sheet, then bake for an additional 4-5 minutes.
7. Place M&Ms on top of warm cookies immediately upon taking them out of the oven. Cool cookies for 5 minutes on baking sheet.