Blondies are essentially vanilla brownies, but never discount them! They are their own delicious entity and if you’ve never tried them before, this recipe is sure to impress. Using only simple ingredients, you can whip out a tray of these in very little time. They’re also a great substitute for actual birthday cakes if those seem like too much of an undertaking. Just remember to add a candle to the blondies before serving!
Birthday Cake Blondies
-1 1/4 cup flour
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1/4 tsp. salt
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 egg, at room temperature
-1/3 cup milk, at room temperature
-3 tbsp. sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line and grease an 8×8” baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 3-5 minutes. On low speed, add egg and vanilla extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients and milk and mix just until ingredients are combined. Add sprinkles and mix on lowest speed.
5. Spread the batter evenly in prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of pan comes out clean. Let cool completely.