One of the most basic recipes that any baker should have in their repertoire is that of banana bread. This recipe is easy to make, because it requires few ingredients and such little time. When making this, however, ensure you are using ripe (preferably old) bananas, as this ensures a moist loaf and adds natural sweetness. There’s not much to this recipe so get going and try it out!
-3 ripe bananas
-1/3 cup melted butter
-1 tsp. baking soda
-Pinch of salt
-1 cup sugar
-1 egg, at room temperature and beaten
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and grease a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Mix in the flour, making sure not to overmix the batter.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour (check at 50 minutes), or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and cool completely. Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve.