Today I’m sharing a chocolate chip cookie recipe – but they’re not the typical chocolate chip cookie. These are chocolate based with white chocolate chips! This recipe is easy to make and yields great results. Important Note: You must chill the cookie dough before baking. This is crucial, as it prevents spreading of the cookies while in the oven. It’s also important to use room temperature butter to ensure all the ingredients incorporate properly. Don’t be scared by the 3 hour chilling time – the cookies are 100% worth it!
Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies
-1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 cup light brown sugar
-1 egg, at room temperature
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 cup flour
-1/2 cup and 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/8 tsp. salt
-2 tbsp. milk, at room temperature
-1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars on medium-high speed together until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add in egg and vanilla, then cream for another 3 minutes on high speed.
4. On low speed, add in dry ingredients and mix just until ingredients are combined. Add in the milk followed by the chocolate chips. Once everything is incorporated, cover dough with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least 3 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
6. Once dough is done chilling, allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and roll together, placing cookies onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack or plate to cool completely.