This chocolate chip muffin recipe provides bakery-style muffins with high muffin tops. The essential ingredients that result in these elevated desserts are the baking powder and baking soda: they act as leaveners to create a risen dome on the muffins. It is also recommended that you use mini chocolate chips, as they disperse throughout more evenly than regular-sized chocolate chips. Try this recipe – they are super easy to make and they are a great addition to any holiday party!
Chocolate Chip Muffins
-2 ½ cups flour
-1 tbsp. baking powder
-1 tsp. baking soda
-½ tsp. salt
-½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
-1 cup sugar
-2 eggs, at room temperature
-1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
-1 tbsp. vanilla extract
-1 ½ cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a muffin tray with liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Slowly add to the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
5. Gently fold in chocolate chips until just combined.
6. Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop, divide the batter into the 12 muffin liners and bake for 5 minutes, then turn the oven heat down to 375°F and bake for another 13-15 minutes. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes.