If you’re looking for an easy yet rewarding snack, the following recipe will certainly suffice! This is one of the best cookie dough recipes, and it doesn’t require chilling or rolling of the dough. Simply mix the wet and dry ingredients separately, incorporate the two, then bake them. You also don’t need an electric mixer, which means less to clean up! Tip: Line the pan with parchment paper before spreading the cookie dough to ensure easy removal of the bars from the pan.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
-2 1/4 cups flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
-1/2 tsp. salt
-3/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
-1 cup light brown sugar
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 egg and 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
-2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line and grease a 9×9” baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt, then set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar together until smooth. Whisk in egg, then egg yolk, followed by the vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Flatten dough into baking pan into an even layer.
6. Bake for 32-35 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Let cool completely before cutting.